Looking for robust protective cases that won't break the bank? You've likely come across Pelican Cases, a renowned industry leader known for their durability. This blog post will guide you through eight fantastic and affordable alternatives to these durable cases.
Stay tuned, because what you're about to discover could open up new possibilities in protecting your gear.
- Monoprice Cases offer a cost-effective alternative to Pelican cases, providing durable and lightweight protection for your valuable equipment.
- Nanuk Cases are known for their durability and waterproof capabilities, offering excellent protection and versatile features at a slightly cheaper price compared to Pelican cases.
- Monoprice Cases provide weatherproof solutions that are budget-friendly, making them a great choice for individuals on a tight budget.
Pelican Cases: The Standard in Protection
Pelican Cases set the benchmark for protective equipment cases with their impressive durability and supreme protection level. These hard-shelled marvels are designed to withstand rugged field conditions, making them ideal for safeguarding high-value gear.
That's why professionals from photographers to military forces rely on Pelican when maximum protection is needed.
Despite their higher price point, the unique features of Pelican Cases make them worth every penny. Case features range from watertight seals, pressure-equalization valves, to indestructible outer shells.
This video further showcases how these traits provide unrivaled security against all forms of damage including shocks, drops, dust and water ingress. People also love the array of sizes that Pelican offers in its product ranges including Pelican Air and Pelican Storm case lines.
Factors to Consider When Choosing an Alternative
When choosing an alternative to Pelican cases, there are several factors to consider such as cost, protection level, organization options, and product range.
Looking for alternatives to Pelican cases can lead to significant savings. Despite the high-end protection and durability that Pelican offers, its price tag might be a deterrent for some buyers.
Cases such as the Monoprice IP67 offer protection at a much lower price point.
The protection level of a case is its core function. High-quality alternatives to Pelican cases ensure your valuable items are shielded from damage. They make use of sturdy materials and robust construction methods similar to those used in Pelican products, offering reliable protection for sensitive equipment.
Cases like the SKB iSeries cases exhibit top-tier durability and safety features ensuring corrosion and impact resistance, making them perfect for safeguarding precious belongings.
Pelican cases and their alternatives offer more organization options than many other protective hard cases. One popular alternative, the Nanuk 935, provides various organization features options such as cubed foam with lid organizer, padded dividers, lid organizers, and the Powerclaw latching system for protection.
These options allow you to arrange your equipment securely and efficiently for easy access. Along with the Nanuk 935, other Pelican case alternatives like Seahorse 920 and Monoprice Weatherproof Hard Case also receive positive customer reviews for their ability to provide effective organization solutions.
So whether you choose a Pelican case or one of its alternatives, you'll have plenty of ways to keep your gear neat and organized in any situation.
SKB Cases: A Reliable Alternative
SKB Cases offer a reliable alternative to Pelican Cases, with their durable construction and varying levels of protection.
Pros of SKB Cases
SKB Cases offer a lifetime warranty on its hard-shell cases to the original owner. Additionally, they provide up to $1500 coverage for damaged equipment on select SKB sports products. More details on their warranty can be found on SKB's Warranty Page. SKB Cases, such as their iSeries cases, are considered one of the top durable and affordable alternatives to Pelican cases. They offer impressive waterproofing with ultra high-strength polypropylene copolymer resin protection. They have premium build quality and very good trigger latches for added safety and security.
Cons of SKB Cases
SKB Cases also have a few drawbacks to consider:
- Limited customization options: Unlike Pelican Cases, some users find that it is more difficult to change the foam inserts in SKB Cases. This can be a downside if you need to adapt the case for different items or equipment.
- Heavier weight: SKB Cases tend to be slightly heavier than Pelican Cases of the same size. This may be a concern if you frequently need to transport the case or if weight is an important factor for you.
- Limited color options: While Pelican Cases offer a wide range of colors to choose from, SKB Cases have more limited color options available. This can be a drawback if aesthetics are important to you.
- Less well-known brand: Although SKB is a reputable brand with its own loyal customer base, it may not have the same widespread recognition as Pelican Cases. This could potentially impact resale value or availability of accessories specifically designed for SKB cases.
- Higher price point: While SKB Cases can still provide good value for their durability and features, they may generally be priced slightly higher than some other alternative brands on the market.
Nanuk Cases are known for their durability and waterproof capabilities.
Pros of Nanuk Cases
Nanuk cases like the Nanuk 935 have gained popularity as a durable and waterproof alternative to Pelican cases. Here are the pros of Nanuk cases:
- Excellent Protection: Nanuk cases offer comparable protection levels to Pelican cases, ensuring that your valuable items stay safe during transportation or storage.
- Waterproof Design: Nanuk cases are known for their reliable waterproofing (IP67 rated on the Nanuk 935). You can trust these cases to keep your belongings dry even in wet and challenging conditions.
- Resistant to Deformation: Nanuk cases are built to withstand deformation and fatigue. They maintain their shape, even when subjected to rough handling or heavy impacts.
- Versatile Features: Nanuk's 935 hard case is packed with useful features such as padlock holes, wheels for easy transportation, lid foam for added protection, steel hardware for durability, and the Powerclaw latching system for secure closure.
- Customizable Interior: With cubed foam included in some models, you can customize the interior of your Nanuk case by plucking out just the right amount of foam needed to fit your specific items.
- Affordability: When compared to Pelican cases, Nanuk cases tend to be slightly cheaper while delivering similar levels of quality and durability.
Cons of Nanuk Cases
Nanuk cases, while durable and comparable in price to Pelican cases, do have a few drawbacks to consider:
- Limited size options: Nanuk cases offer a range of sizes, but their selection may not be as extensive as Pelican's. This could be a limitation if you require a specific size or shape for your equipment.
- Less crushproof than Pelican cases: While Nanuk cases are made from impact-resistant NK-7 resin and can absorb shocks, they are still considered less crushproof compared to Pelican cases. If you anticipate your case being subjected to extreme pressure or heavy loads, this may be a concern.
- Limited color choices: Unlike Pelican cases, which come in a wide variety of colors, Nanuk cases have a more limited range of color options available. This could be important if you prefer a specific color for easy identification or personal preference.
- Potential for latch issues: Some users have reported occasional difficulties with the latches on Nanuk cases. While this is not a widespread problem, it is worth noting that there may be instances where the latch mechanism does not function smoothly.
- Heavier weight: In comparison to certain lightweight models of Pelican cases, Nanuk cases tend to be slightly heavier due to their sturdy construction and impact-resistant material. If weight is an important factor for your transportation needs, this could be a consideration.
Seahorse Cases: Affordable and Secure
Seahorse Cases, including the Seahorse 920, offer an affordable and secure alternative to Pelican cases, providing excellent protection for your valuable equipment.
Pros of Seahorse Cases
Seahorse cases offer similar quality to Pelican cases at a more affordable price. They provide durable and lightweight protection for sensitive equipment and materials. The price of Seahorse cases is more affordable compared to similar protective cases like Pelican and Nanuk. Seahorse cases are on par with Pelican and Nanuk cases in terms of quality.
Cons of Seahorse Cases
Though extremely reliable, Seahorse Cases may not offer the same level of protection as Pelican cases. They might not be as durable in extreme conditions. The latches on Seahorse cases may not be as secure as those on Pelican cases, which could lead to accidental opening. Additionally, Seahorse cases may not have as wide of a range of sizes and options for customization compared to Pelican cases.
Monoprice Cases: Weatherproof and Cost-Effective
Monoprice Cases offer a weatherproof and cost-effective alternative to Pelican cases.
Pros of Monoprice Cases
Monoprice cases offer several advantages for individuals on a budget who are seeking a durable and cost-effective option to protect their valuable items. Here are the pros of choosing Monoprice cases:
- Budget-friendly: Monoprice cases are known for their affordable prices, making them an excellent alternative to more expensive Pelican cases.
- Durability: Customers praise the quality and durability of Monoprice cases, ensuring that your belongings stay safe and secure even in tough conditions.
- Protection: These weatherproof hard cases provide excellent protection against water damage, keeping your items dry and intact.
- Wide selection: Monoprice offers a range of case sizes and styles, allowing you to find the perfect fit for your specific needs.
Cons of Monoprice Cases
Monoprice cases have limited customization options.
Other Alternatives to Consider
Before we conclude, it's worth noting that there are several other alternatives to Pelican cases which are also affordable and durable. Here's a quick rundown of some of them:
|Brand||Key Features||Price Range|
|Eylar Hard Cases||Offers comparable Protection; Great for
|Weather-resistant; Easy-to-modify foam
|HUL Cases||Lightweight yet sturdy; Good for compact
Each of these alternatives provide different levels of protection and come at various price points, so you can choose what suits your needs best.
In conclusion, when it comes to durable and affordable alternatives to Pelican cases, there are several options available. From the reliable protection of SKB cases to the durability and waterproof features of Nanuk cases, individuals have a range of choices.
Seahorse cases offer affordability and security, while Monoprice cases provide weatherproof solutions that won't break the bank. Overall, with these top 8 alternatives discussed in this article, individuals looking for an alternative to Pelican can find a case that suits their needs without compromising on quality or budget.